The term “Black Hat” comes from the old cowboy western movies where all the good guys wore white hats and the bad guys wore black hats.
Blackhat techniques are just shortcuts
Methods for quickly building large numbers of websites, creating large numbers of backlinks and generally tricking the search engines into sending you all the targetted traffic you could want so you can make a lot of money: FAST !!
There is nothing illegal about any of these techniques although they are considered unethical in the stricter whitehat circles where anything that bends the rules of the search engines is considered a mortal sin! It’s up to you whether you choose to accept the authority of the search engines to dictate what is right and wrong or whether you prefer to make your own rules and live by your own standards.
There are people that are seeing Blackhat marketing as a dead end that will not offer gains on the long run because search engines become smarter and smarter and will eventually pull the plug on blackhat websites. That’s partially true because there are black hat marketing techniques that worked very good in 2007 – 2009 but now will surely get your website penalized or instantly banned:
- Keyword stuffing – Packing long lists of keywords and nothing else onto your site will get you penalized eventually by search engines. Learn about google density and how to find and place keywords and phrases the right way on your Web site.
- Invisible text – This is putting lists of keywords in white text on a white background in hopes of attracting more search engine spiders. Again, not a good way to attract searchers or search engine crawlers.
- Doorway Pages – A doorway page is basically a “fake” page that the user will never see. It is purely for search engine spiders, and attempts to trick them into indexing the site higher. Read more about doorway pages.
BlackHat Methods that work now
On the other hand now there are great techniques to help you boost your rankings like:
- Link wheels – Essentially, a link wheel leverages the power of highly ranked Web 2.0 sites to build targeted backlinks back to your sites. This works because certain Web 2.0 properties like Hubpages, Squidoo, WordPress, and others allow you to publish your own content on these sites AND allow you to add your own backlinks to this content as well. Getting links to your own site from 5-10 of these types of sites is very powerful, and forms the basis of the link wheel strategy. With software like ScrapeBox, SeNuke, Magic Submitter, Link Wheel Bandit you can automate the process of creating powerful link wheels that link to your money website.
- Blog Comments – ScrapeBox made it now possible to harvest thousands of blogs on related niche available for you to comment and leave your backlink. Auto Approve blog lists made it now simple and powerful than ever.
- Social Networking Mass Marketing – Social Networking is powerful than ever as almost anyone in online world have a Facebook and Twitter account. With automation programs like Facebook bot and TwitterAdder you can now grab accounts in the same niche as you are and mass contact the user with your advertising.
- Blog Farms – Autoblogs – blogs taking content automatically from relevant sources (news sites, article sites) are not so powerful as before. After Google updated the alghoritm in February (Panda Update) autoblogs and content farms in general started to drop in ranks or simply get deindexed. But Now you can easily create blog farms using rewritten PLR content or guest posting and then sell links or post links to your website.
This are only a few of most of the efective black hat ways to increase your search engine ranking and get customers on your website. As you could imagine this are working and produce great results NOW but there is no guarantee will work next year. but who cares as long as you are making money now?! There is a hide and seek game between blackhat marketers and search engine engineers. When one side change rules the other do same. Just make sure you are updated with the news so you will not be left behind.
In conclusion there’s nothing wrong in using black hat marketing methods as long as you are up to date with searche egine rules and do not use old methods that will get your site surely deindexed or poorly ranked. Another important aspect is to mix BH marketing with Whitehat marketing to create natural seo campaigns and as the old saying says: Dont put all your eggs in one basket: Diversify your methods !
Subscribe to our newsletter and you will receive our most recent report called Backlinks – The Good, The Bad and the Ugly to find out what backlinks you should build, which one to avoid and which backlinks are not worthing to build anymore